Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Tipping Point

A strength of The Tipping Point, at least to me would have to be the use of examples, especially while explaining "The Sticky Factor." Using examples that I am familiar with in any type of writing, allows me to take in more information and understand it on a personal level, therefore making learning much more manageable and less stressful. By thoroughly explaining how the popular show Sesame Street has the "sticky factor", helped me choose all different sorts of objects that can be considered "sticky".

A weakness of The Tipping Point is its dry mood. I understand this book is not exactly an entertainment read, it is more of an informative view which for me can be difficult to sit down and read page for page without getting distracted. There is not exactly a story line, plot, or climax which tends to make me lose interest quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I also liked the examples used in The Tipping Point. The examples are what I like most about the book, actually. I also agree with the book's weakness. It was very hard to sit down and read for a long period of time.

    ReplyDelete