Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How Do I Read?

     With me, reading either comes very naturally or I can sometimes struggle with a certain topics. I have come to notice this when I am in different surroundings. When I read, I like to be in a very relaxed environment, either in my room or even outside (when the weather is nice of course). Sometimes, I find it easier to listen to a little calming music, such as Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, and John Mayer.The perfect scenario for me would be summertime, on the beach, in a beach chair with my feet in the water reading a book. Of course, I cannot always get what I want, but this is the ideal setting for me.

    When reading a text book, I need to take notes to highlight the important sections of the book I may forget. I cannot just read something and always remember every important detail presented, so I need to go back and repeatedly reread certain points. I have a tendency to jot down different examples shown by the book and also make up my own, or compare them to life experiences to help me remember.

     I would say the key to reading with me would have to be relaxation. I cannot rush through reading, because otherwise I just go over words without actually taking in the story or information and understanding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment