Friday, September 10, 2010

What I Expect Of Myself

     What do I expect of myself my first year at Stockton? Well, ever since I can remember I have always set extremely high expectations for myself, especially in activities or required duties I am extremely passionate about or have motivation towards.
     From a motivational standpoint, athletics have always been a huge part of my life ever since my early years of t-ball at age 5. From t-ball, I have grown to love volleyball, basketball, and softball. For me, sports represent all different types emotions and feelings that I would not be able to live without; like the adrenaline, intensity, competition, victory, and accomplishment. I currently play volleyball at Stockton, so parts of my expectations have been fulfilled which was surviving preseason. My passion for sports I believe will never change, so I expect myself to continue to push myself towards a goal, and in this case it would be a constant positive attitude in practice and on the court, always 100% effort, and in the end working towards a victory.
     Apart from athletics, academics comes first. All throughout high school, all of my teachers have warned/scared me about the immense loads of school work there is in college. Well, I expect myself to manage my time and always study. The number one reason for college is to receive the best education possible, which is exactly what I expect myself to stick to and have that mindset all year.
     College is a life experience, so I expect myself to look at the whole picture and try to enjoy every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment