Sunday, October 3, 2010

More than just a job

Can a career become your identity? Well, when it comes to my mother, I believe it can. My mom qualifies for the "supermom" title. For eighteen years, she managed to take care of me, and then also deal with my other siblings once they were born. I have a sister who is ten, a brother who is nine, and the another brother who is six: talk about a handful. My mother manages to make sure everyone is fed, dressed, and out the door on time for school every morning. She also makes the best dinners every night (which I have missed dearly), and always looks forward to dinnertime solely to hear about how everyone's day has gone. Before my three siblings were born, my mother was a consultant, but chose to give it up to do what she loves the most; being the best mom in the world. In my opinion, her career is her identity, she is "supermom", someoneI will aways look up to and admire because of her job.

2 comments:

  1. From how you described your mom, she reminds me of my own; my mom stopped working when I was born and remained unemployed until my two brothers (now 15 and 16) and I were about ten. When she did start working, her shifts ended before we got home from school. That was when she played the role of "supermom" also, cooking, cleaning, and driving everyone where they need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lap up all the good cooking and love at Thanksgiving! I am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete